20 December 2013 - Bank Negara Malaysia is issuing commemorative coins in conjunction with the 80th Anniversary of Malaysian Armed Forces. Eight decades have passed which saw the Malaysian Armed Forces evolve to a Full Spectrum Force. According to YBhg General Tan Sri Dato Sri ( Dr.) Zulkifeli bin Mohd Zin, Chief of Defence, the publication of the Commemorative Coin is to reminisce about their good deeds, contributions and sacrifices of the MAF heroes who are still serving or retired .
Commemorative Coin Specifications are as follows:
1. Gold Commemorative Coin.
- Made of gold with 999.9 purity.
- The weight of each piece is 7.96 grams.
- Selling price is MYR1800.00 per pieces.
- Limited to only 500 pieces.
2. Silver Commemorative Coin.
- Made of Sterling Silver metal with 92.5 purity.
- The weight of MYR21.00 grams.
- Selling price is MYR150.00 each.
- Only 1000 pieces minted.
3. Nordic Gold Commemorative Coins
- Selling price is MYR10.00 per piece.
- A total of 25,000 pieces minted.